Kingdom offers these tips for extending your lamp life:
1) Never touch the bulb with your fingers, always use a cloth for handling.
2) When installing your Lamp/ Bulb: Any glass components of a lamp should never be handled without gloves; deposits from fingerprints cause temperature 'hot spots'. In the long term, the accompanying temperature gradient stresses the glass resulting in early failure.
Clean the air filters of the projector. Blocked filters make the lamp overheat and fail early. Manufacturers can test for this kind of failure and any warranty becomes invalid. Always ensure that there is good airflow around the projector.
If you are fitting a bulb into an existing module housing, ensure the terminals are not over tightened as the ceramic can be cracked and reduce the electronic insulation of the lamp. Alternatively, if they are under tightened, it can cause arcing on the terminal which puts undue load on the ballast that can then lead to a failure.
For plug in bulbs, be sure the lamps are seated completely. The tendency is to stop at the first sign of resistance. Continue to apply force at the base of the lamp until you are sure the lamp is secure.
3) To further extend lamp life, Remember these steps when switching off your projector: Always switch off using the remote control and not by disconnecting the power, the projector will invariably go into a cool down mode where the image is turned off and the fan accelerates to cool the lamp in a controlled manner. The temperature of an operating lamp is many 1,000's of degrees. Disconnecting the power to the projector prior to the above process causes the glass in the lamp to cool unevenly and will result in a stress fracture and early lamp failure.
4) Lamp failure can be due to mechanical shock. Always make sure that the unit is turned off and the lamp is cool before moving the unit. A hot lamp filament is very fragile.
5) If your projector is equipped with a "high/low lamp" switch you can extend your average lamp life by using the "low lamp" position whenever possible.