New to the world of mobile recording, Tascam presents the iXZ. Now you can record to your favorite iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod Touch® with your guitar or microphone!
You can even record your guitar without needing an amp! The iXZ is compatible with most free recording Apple compatible apps from the iTunes® store or use the Tascam PCM Recorder which you can download for free! Transfer your music and sermons to CDs or straight to the web so that your congregation has instant access.
With either a 1/4" or XLR input, plug your favorite mic or instrument into this pocket size interface and record your music or message to share. With the 1/8" headphone port, monitor how you sound live. The Tascam iXZ runs on just two AA batteries so there is no power drain from your device. Interested in using a phantom power mic? Just flip the phantom powered selector switch and you're all set to go!
IXZ APPLICATIONS -The ideal portable solution for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
TASCAM's iXZ is the ultimate portable interface for recording with your Apple iOS device. It provides the inputs you need to record nearly any acoustic or electric instrument to any of the thousands of recording apps on the app store, including Apple's own Garage Band. Mic or Guitar-level Input
Unlike similar recording interfaces for iOS, the input of the TASCAM iXZ can be switched between microphone-level or guitar level in. When switched to guitar level, the iXZ doesn't require any power. That makes the iXZ ideal for practicing your guitar and bass as well as recording.
- Switch to Microphone level to enable the microphone preamp. Phantom power is available for powering a condenser microphone for detailed instrument or voice recording. A pair of AA batteries (included) provide hours of microphone recording.
- A hardware gain knob controls the level of the input to your recording app. This gives you a quicker way to adjust the level than software controls - if your app even has one.-Since the iXZ simply plugs into the headset jack of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, an 1/8" headphone output jack is provided on the back of the iXZ.
- Guitar Practice - Play in headphones with a metronome and effects using your favorite app
- Songwriting - Use an app like TASCAM Portastudio to build up a song before presenting it to the band
- Rehearsal Recording - Plug in a mic to capture band practice
- Sound Effects Gathering - Record sounds in the outside world, then drop them into your productions